Michigan State University distributed the Michigan Dairy Review to Michigan dairy producers, farm employees, industry professionals and dairy-related businesses from 1996 to 2012. Past issues of the Michigan Dairy Review included management tips, research summaries of new developments in dairy science, management, production, and economics.
The Michigan State University (MSU) Dairy Team conducted an industry survey to identifying and rate industry priorities, this report summarizes respondents’ ratings of industry issues, as well as education and knowledge needs.
Below are links to the Dairy Moosings Podcasts are hosted by MSU Extension educators Phil Durst and Stan Moore. The podcasts cover a variety of topics related to the dairy industry. Most podcasts also contain supporting materials related to the individual podcast:
- Taking Cover, Cover Crops for Dairy Farms (6-26-2012)
- Spotted Knapweed in Dairy Pastures and Hay Fields (6-26-2012)
- Morrill Act of 1862 - Happy Birthday (6-8-2012)
- Dairying as Baseball (5-17-2012)
- Double Dipping Teats (5-16-2012)
- What Kind of Milk Should I Buy for My Kids and Me? (5-16-2012)
- The Company You Keep (5-2-2012)
- After the Workshop is Over (5-2-2012)
- Personnel Records Management - Part 2 Getting the Best Management Bang for the Buck (4-27-2012)
- Personnel Records: Part 1 - A Management Tool and a Legal Requirement (4-27-2012)
- Chocolate Milk, Too Much Sugar or Health Drink of the Future
- 100,000 the New 200,000!
- Skin in the Game
- Growing Dairies are Healthy Dairies in More Ways than just Financially
- Building Employee Loyalty Through Involvement